10 Tips on Finding the Perfect SEO Copywriting Services
Well, here are ten tips to help you find the best SEO Copywriting services without breaking the bank:
1. Make sure you are considering an SEO copywriter and not just a general content writer. The main difference being that an SEO Copywriter has the necessary skills to sell your company on paper. These copywriters are able to appeal to people and the SEO machine alike, these writers should specialize in direct mail, article marketing, website copy, advertising copy but be intimately aware of SEO techniques.
2. Try and shop around for specialized copywriting services as many writers focus on a particular type of copywriting or subject matter. Make sure that the person you are hiring has some experience in the type of writing you are looking for. Always ask to see their portfolio for examples of their writing.
3. Be willing to pay for a quality writer! Although there are copywriters out there that are new to the business and will charge pennies on the dollar for your writing assignments, don’t hire based on price alone. If you need to add value to your business then you should be prepared to pay a reasonable price for such quality copywriting services.
4. One surefire way of knowing if you are dealing with a professional SEO copywriter is if they present you with a lot of questions. Why? Because this assists the copywriter to ensure that your content is correctly search engine optimized. Such questions to be prepared for are:
Who is your target market? How do you intend to use the content? What actions do you want the reader to take? What are the features and/or benefits of your product or service? Do you have testimonials from your clients that can be included in the piece?
5. Always have a contract signed and approved by both you and the Copywriter prior to the work commencing, and remember to read the fine print. Be sure to read it carefully to find out how many revisions are included and if the copywriter offers any guarantees.
6. Be prepared to pay a deposit. The majority of SEO copywriters in business today want a guarantee that they will be paid for their time and services. Keep in mind that you will lose your deposit should you cancel the assignment for any reason after the copywriter has begun working on it. Remember that the copywriter deserves to be paid for their time as they have already put in time and effort into your project.
7. Have a clear idea of what you want out of the writing before you start using copywriting services. A good agency will help you get more clarity around your project. You will need to be able to give the copywriter as many details as possible about your project. It is very important that you have a well-defined concept of the range, focus, objectives and particulars of the project prior to hiring a copywriter.
8. Prepare a rough draft of the content that you envision. This is particularly helpful if you have a tight budget since most writers either charge an hourly rate or bid per writing project. By giving the copywriter an outline of what it is that you are looking for, they can quickly and easily complete the project for you in less time and with less cost to you.
9. Plan on a few re-writes. It is always difficult for a copywriter to take your thoughts and write them onto paper. Their first submission will always be a draft that you will be able to edit and give suggestions back to the copywriter who can then, in turn, provide you with a more polished final copy.
10. Do not suddenly change the article format or subject matter. This will cost you more in the long run, as a copywriter bids on your initial project and subject matter and subsequently creates an initial draft, based on that subject matter and format. If you abruptly change things then you will have to expect to not only pay for work that is already completed, but for the new work as well.
Each SEO Copywriter that you encounter will have their own individual strengths and weakness. Your job will be to find the SEO Copywriting services that fits best with your company’s needs.