Category Archives: Copywriting
If you are able to persuade people to purchase things with the way you put words together, you can make good money. Copywriting is one of the strongest industries coming out of the Internet. Be it online or offline, you can make good money selling copywriting services and enjoying it at the same time. However, it is important that you are able to sell your own services. Here are what you can do and what to expect from it.
1. Be Prepared To Sell
Just because you think you are good does not mean that people will be looking for your services. Remember that there are many other people selling the same services. You need to convince these people that your work is excellent. Get together all the work you have done in the past and put together the good ones into a strong portfolio. This should showcase your abilities as a copywriter.
If you have work that has appeared in print or on the Internet, list down where they have appeared. Attach printouts of these as samples.
2. Show References From Other Clients
One of the best ways to convince your prospects is to show copies that have contributed to great advertising campaigns. A reference from the clients will be very convincing. Plus, if you could show the additional revenue generated or whatever other numbers the clients wanted, this is the best proof that your work generates results.
3. Create Your Own Website
While you may be able to make good money even without your own website, it is highly recommended that you create your own website. You can regularly provide content, write blogs and also advertise your services. There are even those who sell content to subscribers, and having another stream of income.
4. Standardize Your Rates
It is always best to standardize your rates. When doing this, take into consideration your qualifications, expertise and experience. If you incur other expenses like photocopying, extra time on relevant matters, etc, you might also want to charge for these.
Charges can also differ based on the type of writing you do. For example, writing a proposal or press release requires a higher quality than writing web content.
Do some research as to what other copywriters are charging and the going rates for the different types of writing required.
5. Look For Clients Actively
Having websites and advertisements may not be sufficient to get new clients. For starters, look for people you know to build up your confidence first. You can then ask for referrals.
You can also contact individuals, professionals, businesses, clubs and associations directly to sell your copywriting services. You can also respond to bids that get posted online.
6. Collect References From Your Satisfied Clients
Get references from clients who were satisfied with your work. Will be better if they are willing to be included in your testimonials list. This will be much better than anything that you can say about your own work.
7. Offer Something For Free
Despite all your other steps, there are some people who will want to see some work done for them before they can be convinced. You may need to offer something for free to convince them of the quality of your work.
8. Types Of Copywriting Services
Here is a list of copywriting services that you can offer:
– Website Content
– Press releases
– Online and Print Advertising
– Promotional Materials
– E-mails for Direct Marketing
– Copy for brochures, pamphlets and catalogs
– Proposals for grants and businesses
Every business should have an expert take care of its content needs. Even when you can write, there are times when the ideas just can’t seem to flow, nor can you even deliver the content needs of your visitors. This is the single reason many new internet based businesses or websites fail.
Sometimes, it just feels like you are going through a rut and no matter what you do, you just can’t seem to get out of it. Meanwhile your business is suffering, traffic is dwindling and people are itching to either get new information or go look for it someplace else: this mistake, you do not want to make. So, what do you do to prevent this from happening? Hire a copywriter.
A quick search through the search engines will give you a large number of services to choose from. But the thing is how do you know who to choose? Here are a few tips and features to look out for.
The copywriting market is rife with people who constantly claim to be able to deliver the content you need only to mess the whole thing up and ruin your website copy. These are the kinds of people you want to avoid. So, look put for professionalism in your correspondence.
In fact, most copywriting companies and services -with the exception of people like the late Gary Halbert- will not charge you a dime to give your site a look-over and decide what needs fixing. Some simple slip-ups to take note of include typos, wrong sentential and grammatical construction, and disjointed vocabulary. If you notice any of these, you had better look elsewhere.
This is the main reason why you want to hire their services. So, they have got to be able to show you some results of previous projects and the report. If you are hiring the service to help overhaul the content on your website or improve it, then there should be some form of proof to show that they really can. Go through links they refer you to or the materials they send you and see what it looks like. If it doesn’t appeal to you, then it is not likely to do the same to your audience.
3. Be Able to Combine and Achieve the Delicate Mixture of Web Content and Web copy
Often time, this is the only missing ingredient in most websites. You need a good mixture of this to be able to provide entertaining information that can also help sell products, increase your subscriber base and improve your standing in the niche you are operating within. While web content might suffice if you are not selling anything, web copy is important if you want to make a dime.
These three features are just a few but some of the most important features that an excellent creative copywriting service must have. You should look for all of these in a copywriting service. You cannot afford to have two and leave one. They are all important and should be considered when hiring a copywriting service.
Well, here are ten tips to help you find the best SEO Copywriting services without breaking the bank:
1. Make sure you are considering an SEO copywriter and not just a general content writer. The main difference being that an SEO Copywriter has the necessary skills to sell your company on paper. These copywriters are able to appeal to people and the SEO machine alike, these writers should specialize in direct mail, article marketing, website copy, advertising copy but be intimately aware of SEO techniques.
2. Try and shop around for specialized copywriting services as many writers focus on a particular type of copywriting or subject matter. Make sure that the person you are hiring has some experience in the type of writing you are looking for. Always ask to see their portfolio for examples of their writing.
3. Be willing to pay for a quality writer! Although there are copywriters out there that are new to the business and will charge pennies on the dollar for your writing assignments, don’t hire based on price alone. If you need to add value to your business then you should be prepared to pay a reasonable price for such quality copywriting services.
4. One surefire way of knowing if you are dealing with a professional SEO copywriter is if they present you with a lot of questions. Why? Because this assists the copywriter to ensure that your content is correctly search engine optimized. Such questions to be prepared for are:
Who is your target market? How do you intend to use the content? What actions do you want the reader to take? What are the features and/or benefits of your product or service? Do you have testimonials from your clients that can be included in the piece?
5. Always have a contract signed and approved by both you and the Copywriter prior to the work commencing, and remember to read the fine print. Be sure to read it carefully to find out how many revisions are included and if the copywriter offers any guarantees.
6. Be prepared to pay a deposit. The majority of SEO copywriters in business today want a guarantee that they will be paid for their time and services. Keep in mind that you will lose your deposit should you cancel the assignment for any reason after the copywriter has begun working on it. Remember that the copywriter deserves to be paid for their time as they have already put in time and effort into your project.
7. Have a clear idea of what you want out of the writing before you start using copywriting services. A good agency will help you get more clarity around your project. You will need to be able to give the copywriter as many details as possible about your project. It is very important that you have a well-defined concept of the range, focus, objectives and particulars of the project prior to hiring a copywriter.
8. Prepare a rough draft of the content that you envision. This is particularly helpful if you have a tight budget since most writers either charge an hourly rate or bid per writing project. By giving the copywriter an outline of what it is that you are looking for, they can quickly and easily complete the project for you in less time and with less cost to you.
9. Plan on a few re-writes. It is always difficult for a copywriter to take your thoughts and write them onto paper. Their first submission will always be a draft that you will be able to edit and give suggestions back to the copywriter who can then, in turn, provide you with a more polished final copy.
10. Do not suddenly change the article format or subject matter. This will cost you more in the long run, as a copywriter bids on your initial project and subject matter and subsequently creates an initial draft, based on that subject matter and format. If you abruptly change things then you will have to expect to not only pay for work that is already completed, but for the new work as well.
Each SEO Copywriter that you encounter will have their own individual strengths and weakness. Your job will be to find the SEO Copywriting services that fits best with your company’s needs.
With so many things to accomplish when running an online business, the last thing you want to worry about is finding effective, website copywriting services that will keep readers on your site and turn curious visitors into customers. Chances are that you don’t have time to browse pages and pages of copywriting site content in order to discover what each service offers. However, there are five services that all effective copywriting companies or individual freelance writers should offer, and knowing what they are will save you both time and money when you’re looking for copywriting services online.
Whether you want to hire a small copywriting business online to create and proofread your content or you hire freelance, flexibility is a vital factor. Online businesses thrive on growth and change, and if you hire a company or individual who refuses to roll with those changes, you will spend a lot more of your time arguing with them than you will getting any copy up on your site. Look for website copywriting services that offer flexibility in the following areas:
· Turnaround time
While not every company will be able to offer you complete flexibility, any service or individual you hire should be willing to work around your requirements and have the ability to write in a variety of tones and styles. When you’re interviewing freelance copywriters, beware of those who do not seem to want to negotiate with you on deadlines or who want any revisions farmed out to an editor. A good copywriter will take responsibility for any errors or changes that need to be made in his or her own work and always be willing to work with their client to be as flexible as possible about deadlines.
2. A Varied Knowledge of SEO
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a strategy that employs inserting a variety of keywords into your copy that will cause your site to rank higher on search engine websites. However, SEO is not what it used to be, and new software that targets duplicate content and other negative ranking techniques have changed the way most businesses use SEO. Any website copywriting services that you use should employ writers that are not only skilled at using SEO, but also know how to keep your site from being unfairly hit by programs such as Google Penguin, which will significantly lower your site rankings. A good SEO copywriting service will also help you come up with keyword sets that will help increase your page hits and daily traffic.
3. Fair and Honest Pricing
You may have hesitated to hire website copywriting services in the past because you weren’t sure if the investment was worth it, but most companies and freelance writers are more affordable than you think. Any company that you choose should be up front about their pricing and have it clearly visible on their landing pages. If you hire a writer from a site such as elance.com, you can negotiate for an affordable fee before you hire them officially. You may save money by hiring a freelance copywriter, but the time you spend finding one who meets your needs, is affordable, and who can consistently meet deadlines may be considerable. Larger website copywriting services that have teams of writers are easier to work with on professional basis, but shop around before you make a choice, as pricing varies widely and you don’t want to discover later on that you have been overpaying for your content creation.
4. A Unique Outlook on Marketing
Any website copywriting services that you use should have a unique take on how to get your name or product out there. Unless you’re working with a specific niche customer base, chances are that you’re going to have a great deal of competition online. An effective service or individual copywriter will understand that today’s successful businesses have a focus on the customer, not the business itself. The service that you hire should not only be able to describe your product or service but also explain to your site visitors how it will benefit them. Effective copywriting isn’t just about sales: it’s about conversion. This means that it is not enough for a copywriter to be able to write about your product in a positive manner, but they should also offer you a number of different solutions about how to make the copy on your page customer-oriented.
5. A Focus on Social Media
Creating copy for your page shouldn’t be your only focus when you’re looking for website copywriting services. Successful online businesses also make an effort to reach out to their customers in an attempt to create a connection, so any service that you hire should be able to offer you effective copywriting for Facebook, Twitter, and any other social media that you use in order to promote your site. Choose a company or individual that can create a Facebook Fan Page for your site that will reach a greater number of people than you can by promoting off of your personal page. Services that have all-inclusive social media packages can also save you money and take the burden of running social media for your site off you, so you can focus on developing new ideas and products for your business.
There are a number of advantages to hiring a copywriting service, but one of the greatest advantages is that it can help your business grow by leaps and bounds, especially if you’re just starting out. By getting off on the right foot with effective content and copy that’s fresh, unique, and focused on the customer, you’re sure to see an increase in both customer traffic and in conversions.